How to Join Sandpipers
Thank you for your interest in joining Sandpipers.
About Joining Our South Bay Women’s Organization
In addition to the joy of “giving back” to the South Bay community, members also benefit from membership by developing lifelong friendships while working alongside other charitable-minded women who are equally committed and big hearted! The Sandpipers experience begins with a nine-month formal training program known as the Provisional Year, which begins in September. During this time, new women members are introduced to the expectations and workings of the organization. Provisional meetings are held in the South Bay, in addition to monthly General Meetings, and are designed to accomplish two goals:
- Educate new members about Sandpipers
- Stimulate bonding among fellow Provisional classmates
Read more about our Mission Statement & Goals
Click HERE to watch our video and learn more about Sandpipers!
Each Provisional Member must fulfill the following Membership Requirements
- Pay $175 Annual Dues
- Sell 7 tickets to the first fundraiser of the year: Holiday Homes Tour (held the 1st weekend in December)
- Work 2 four-hour shifts as a docent at the Holiday Homes Tour
- Complete 5 Community Service Opportunities (activities that directly support our South Bay non-profit partners)
- Attend 6 Provisional Meetings (held in the evening, 6 times during the year)
- Attend at least 5 General Meetings (evening meetings held once/month, 8 times during the year)
- Must work on one assigned 2016-2017 Committees. This includes additional monthly meetings (to support our philanthropy, fundraising or day-to-day operations)
After successfully completing the Provisional Year, new members move on to Active Status and participate fully as voting members of Sandpipers. Active status continues for 5 subsequent years after which members may choose to move on to Associate status (fewer membership requirements) or remain Active.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Thanks so much,
Membership VP 2016-2017