Sandpipers has provided financial assistance to college-bound students since 1941, and it is the oldest continuing aid program in the South Bay. The program is unique in our funding of qualified recipients throughout the four continuous years of their undergraduate studies. In recent years, we have achieved an astounding graduation rate of 98%, suggesting that Sandpipers invests our scholarship money wisely.
In 2019, Sandpipers awarded more than $300,000 to 58 students (freshman – senior). High school seniors living in the South Bay (both citizens and eligible non-citizens as defined by the U.S. Department of Education) are eligible to apply for a Sandpipers Scholarship.
Application Requirements and Process: Any high school senior student meeting all eligibility requirements below is eligible to apply for a Sandpipers Scholarship:
• U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen (as defined by the U.S. Department of Education);
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher;
• Permanent resident of the South Bay area of Southern California (roughly bounded by the 105 and 110 freeways);
• Students residing outside the South Bay area are eligible if they attend a high school in the defined South Bay area; and
• Demonstrate a financial need. Sandpipers Scholarships award students in need of financial aid; therefore, we require financial information about your family to determine your specific needs.
Note: Children and grandchildren of Sandpipers members are not eligible.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FOR FRESHMEN (2020)
The Sandpipers Incoming Freshman application for next fall’s (2020) freshmen is now CLOSED as of 11:59 PM on Tuesday, February 11, 2020. For 2021 incoming freshmen, please touch base with your high school guidance counselor in January 2021 to inquire about the 2021 application.
The Sandpipers Continuing Aid application for the 2020-2021 school year sophomores, juniors and seniors will be available in June 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Sandpipers at email@example.com.